Sunday, October 17, 2010

WHAT I LIKE TO DO BEST - PART FOUR

     The last few weeks have been very traumatic, for me at least. So, since the trauma has to do with things that are growing, it occurred to me I should be positive before I dwell on more negative things. Most of you know I am a "tree hugger" and my favorite species being the Oak or Quercus family. 
      In 2005 I planted an Gambel Oak seedling and promptly in the second year an Elk or Deer bit off 18 inches (half!) of the tree. As a result there have been measures taken to protect the remainder of the tree as you will see below.
      I have put together, in Print Shop, two pages depicting the first five years of this trees life. Rather than re-writing the information on them, I include both these pages here. There will be more to report next year, providing the Elk don't get inside my cage. Or even if they do . . .

So through the wonders of the Apple computer, for your edification, they are published in this blog.
 
PAGE ONE
 
 PAGE TWO
Even though you might not be a genuine "tree hugger" ENJOY! I had fun.

1 comment:

  1. This little Oak tree (not so small for long) has the best bodyguard! If all goes well, how tall do you think it will get?

    ReplyDelete